Here's our commonsense approach:
- Work fast! If you act quickly, you have a better chance of recovery!
- Blot the stain with a clean, absorbent cloth (Think: white dish towel).
- Then, rinse stain with fresh water.
- Apply heat.
- Scrub the stain as this can spread the stain
- Blot the stain with a colored napkin (Think: red leopard print paper napkin)
We always keep Wine Away on hand, too. It's a miracle worker and has a really clean citrus scent. WikiHow has a series of informative videos on a variety of red wine removal techniques. Check it out here.